Saturday, January 25, 2014

Slacking...

So this blogging business is proving to be more difficult than I expected. I'd like to make excuses, new baby, just moved, we've been sick, etc. (these things are true), but really, I just need to stay on track and stick with it. I have a decent list of topics to chose from, if I really can't think of anything to write, so that should not be an issue. Besides, that new baby, he's five months old already! When the heck did that happen?! Plus, we have been in our new home for a good month, so things should be settled, right?

As for being sick, well, that's the phase we're in right now. Yesterday, I woke up with a nasty headache and runny nose, so I knew I was catching something. Yuck. Today, Monster woke up feeling pretty lousy, headache, sore throat, fever. He has "the man cold". Poor kid thinks he's dying. I just hope the babe doesn't catch it.

Needless to say, we are being pretty lazy today. Monster is curled up on the couch watching cartoons, and I am taking this sick day to try to get some writing in. Gummi is sleeping peacefully in his swing, a side affect of not sleeping all night.

I've already missed several days of writing for this month, so I am going to do something I normally would not, catch up! That's right. On top of trying to remember to write everyday, I'm also going to be "going back" to make up the days that I have missed. Good thing I have the list of topics on hand! How else can I motivate myself, then by holding myself accountable for the days I have missed?

Today's Small Stone:
Pajamas on the floor. Toddler on the couch. A fever running through. He hardly makes a sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment