Sunday, January 5, 2014

Introducing...Me!

I wasn't sure I wanted to blog everyday, but now I am thinking that I like the idea. It's a good opportunity to work on my blogging/writing skills, as well as work on my goal of writing more. I have found a small challenge, 30 Days To A Better Blog, that I am excited to try. It doesn't require me to write everyday, but it does challenge me to work on my blog everyday. Not a bad idea, considering that my last attempt at this was less than successful. I'm a few days behind, but I have already completed a couple of the tasks. I would like to go back and complete the Day 1 challenge though, since it seems like an essential component of successful blogging.

Day 1 of the 30 Days To A Better Blog challenge calls for an introduction, so allow me to introduce (or reintroduce) myself.

My name is Barbi (yes, that's my real name). I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful little boys, Monster and Gummi (no, these are not their real names). My husband (let's just call him Hubby) and I have been married for four years, though we've been together much longer. My first priority is my family. I love them dearly, but sometimes I think I almost forget that I am my own person and I do have other interests, like reading, writing, and music (I love music!).

I started this blog because, well, blogging interests me. Aside from that, I think it's a great way to really put myself out there. I like to keep in touch with people I know, but I also love to meet new people. Maybe blogging will be a good way to do both of these things?

What will I blog about? A little bit of everything, I suppose. Maybe I will have something interesting to say, maybe not. Some days might be filled with the useless ramblings of a crazed, sleep deprived mom. Others might just be useful. I suppose we will find this out together. Maybe something I say will touch someone, help someone, inspire someone. Or maybe, in my time of need, someone will reach out to me.

I believe that we are all constantly growing and learning. This is definitely true for me. What interests me one day, may not the next. The things that I believe are not set in stone. I don't know everything, nor do I claim to. In fact, I relish an opportunity to learn something new, and I welcome friendly advice (though I may not always agree or take it). For this reason, I don't have a set "type" of people that I would like to connect with. I just like to meet people. If you enjoy reading what I have to say, great. If you would like to share you're own story/wisdom, even better. Feel free to leave me comments, ask questions, offer advice, even share your own blog (after all, I do love to read!).

By the end of this year, provided that this attempt at blogging goes well, I just hope that I have written something worth writing about. That is all. I am not looking for fame. I don't intend to change the world with my words. This blog is for me, though I do hope that I am not the only one who finds some interest in it.

"Small Stones"
As part of another writing challenge that I have decided to take on, the Mindful Writing Challenge, I will be writing "small stones" each day. I actually adore these little stones. They push me to really connect with both my writing and my surroundings. So, I leave you with this small stone.

A soft caress, a gentle nudge. The sweet emotion that fills my heart. Lie here my child, within my arms. Drift off to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment